On my wall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my wall.

Firstly - Hi, & what a fantastic site/forum.

I have a serious engineering background, but I never once imagined that this would be such an involved field!

I've just removed from a wall (Due to decorating.) 2 blade prop for which couriosity's gotten the better of me. I know nothing more than I was told when I received it - Supposedly it's meant to be around WWI (Hence posting here, apologies if I'm wrong.).

There are no manufacturers marks or decals on it anywhere, but the 8 bolt hub has the following marks:

DWG. Z5./01./2./B
    D5.P4.78

The blades are Copper(?) edged and each blade is marked "1" & "2" on its inner rear face.

I've had a good rummage around the forum/site but only found how to identify the diameter & pitch (Much more than I knew!). I can pop out to the barn & get a photo, or 2, if it helps.

It will be going back on the wall eventually, but I'd like to have a plaque engraved with a bit of relavent info, if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn.

The drawing number is not typical of WW1 propellers. Am I correct in guessing that the length of the propeller from tip to tip is 5 feet?
    Dave

Comment

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the reply, & seems I may be in the wrong part of the forum with this then - Sorry.

The prop is actually 5 1/2 feet tip to tip. I mis-typed the middle row fo figures. they should read:

D5.5.P4.78'.

I went out to the barn, took a few snaps & measured the central bore (2 5/8") which I hope will help.

Many thanks again.

Glenn.

Comment

Working...
      X