WANTED Levasseur for 80 hp Rhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED Levasseur for 80 hp Rhone

I am in search of an original Levasseur propeller to copy and mount on an 80 Rhone powered Nieuport. Of course, the original propeller will not be altered in any way. Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction. Thank you!

Hi,

There was 5 Levasseur models approved for Nieuport fitted with a 80 HP Le Rhone : serial 447, 450, 487, 615 and 632. The most common for early ones (1916?) was the serial 450 which relatively common. Later (after 1917 October) the most common was the serial 615.

Chauviere, Eclair and Regy also made props for Nieuport fitted with 80 HP LeRhone.

The easier to find are the Levasseur 450 and 615 and the Regy 230 and 310.

As it is just to make a copy, a sanded prop would be a good choice: largely less pricey than original state ones to buy (500/1000€ in France) or with low risk of deterioration if lent.

Regards,
    PM

Comment

Originally posted by pmdec View Post
      Hi,

There was 5 Levasseur models approved for Nieuport fitted with a 80 HP Le Rhone : serial 447, 450, 487, 615 and 632. The most common for early ones (1916?) was the serial 450 which relatively common. Later (after 1917 October) the most common was the serial 615.

Chauviere, Eclair and Regy also made props for Nieuport fitted with 80 HP LeRhone.

The easier to find are the Levasseur 450 and 615 and the Regy 230 and 310.

As it is just to make a copy, a sanded prop would be a good choice: largely less pricey than original state ones to buy (500/1000€ in France) or with low risk of deterioration if lent.

Regards,
      PM
      Thank you for the information! I'm not really in a position to be picky, so I'd be happy to use any of those series.

Yes sir, I only need it to be copied. I made a copy of an Axial and returned it in perfect condition to its owner.

Comment

Working...
      X