prop info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop info please

Trying to id propeller. New to this site. Neubers on prop as follows, PLANE D.H.4. STANDING, RPM 1460, ENG USA-12, PART No 20022, B.A.P. No 19335. 8 Holes. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Jeff

It was manufactured to be used on a DeHavilland 4 ("DH4) airplane using a Liberty engine ("ENG USA 12"). The "BAP" number refers to a serial number assigned by the Bureau of Aircraft Production.

There are several different "styles" of propellers that could fit that description.
    Dave

Comment

Prop info please

Thankyou very much for your information, learned something new today! JEFF

Comment

Hallo Thomas,

I have a record of the LVG C I with a 150ps Benz engine. I don't have any details of where it came from and it is possible that it is inaccurate. But I know of several other similar examples. I believe that most descriptions of the early Benz engine referred to the horsepower as 115ps. It was soon uprated to 150ps.

British and French props from WW1 all have drawing numbers which indicate a specific aircraft. The Germans had a different system. They didn't use drawing numbers. An engine and a propeller were allocated to a type of aircraft, here the early C Class aircraft.

I looked for a photograph of the Alb L3 and L5, but I couldn't find one either. I googled the BMW 5 aero engine and found a BMW site which described the engine and stated it was used on the Alb L3 and 5. You might wish to do a search for pre-war BMW aero engines and see if you can find something. Tell us if you do.

mfG

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
        X