Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugo Heine propeller

Hi ,
    I'm a new member in this forum. I have a half Hugo Heine wooden propeller.
    -Serial number: 50820
    -Motor: Hispano
    -Diameter:2500
    -Pitch: 2100
    Can anyone give me information about the age, market value etc.? Also the aircraft type in the pictures can be interesting.
    I attached a couple of photos to help identification.

Kind regards,
    Rud
    Attached Files

Bob Gardner is the real authority on these, and may drop in at some point.

My understanding is that Heine propellers with decals are all post WW1 era.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      Bob Gardner is the real authority on these, and may drop in at some point.

My understanding is that Heine propellers with decals are all post WW1 era.
      Thank you Dave for the quickly answer, I'll ask him.
      Rud

Comment

Guten Abend Rud,

I regret that I can't tell you much about your prop.

The serial number dates it to 1929-1930. The water cooled Hispano-Suiza engine was a military engine primarily used in fighter aircraft, which is confirmed by the diameter and pitch. Your prop is unlikely to have been made for a German military aircraft at this time, but Heine was exporting props to several foreign airforces including Finland, Sweden and Russia.

The use of a prop as a picture frame occurs quite often. The aircraft shown might well be a FW 44 or possibly an early Henschel, both used as training aircraft when the Luftwaffe first formed around 1933. The radial engine might be a BMW or Siemens-Schukert. It isn't an Hispano V12. It is likely that the prop was unserviceable by 1936 and then used as a picture frame by the trainee pilot in the photo.

Mit freundliche Grussen,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gardner View Post
          Guten Abend Rud,

I regret that I can't tell you much about your prop.

The serial number dates it to 1929-1930. The water cooled Hispano-Suiza engine was a military engine primarily used in fighter aircraft, which is confirmed by the diameter and pitch. Your prop is unlikely to have been made for a German military aircraft at this time, but Heine was exporting props to several foreign airforces including Finland, Sweden and Russia.

The use of a prop as a picture frame occurs quite often. The aircraft shown might well be a FW 44 or possibly an early Henschel, both used as training aircraft when the Luftwaffe first formed around 1933. The radial engine might be a BMW or Siemens-Schukert. It isn't an Hispano V12. It is likely that the prop was unserviceable by 1936 and then used as a picture frame by the trainee pilot in the photo.

Mit freundliche Grussen,

Bob
          Guten Tag Bob,

Thanks for the response it was very useful.

Regards,
          Rud

Comment

Working...
          X