Wooden two blades propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden two blades propeller

At Naval Air Station De Kooy, we have a small museum of the Royal Netherlands Navy Fleet Air Arm. We have a wooden propeller in our collection, but we don't know from wich aircraft it comes from or the make of the propeller. I made some pictures of the propeller and there are some numbers engraved on the hub and blades. On the Hub in a pentagon: BAL 423; also (we think) a serial number: W 3133139; on one of the blades: WH 331.39.9; also on the hub: 31/39 and 5-12. I hope that you can or will help us to indentify the propeller. Ref.: www.traditiekamermld.nl

Good Afternoon Gerard,

I have not seen markings like this on a prop before.

Could you send a photograph of the complete prop and also close ups of the data stamped on it.

Do any of the letters match Dutch abbreviations for diameter, pitch or HP for horsepower?

Also, do any of the numbers relate to a type of Fokker used by the Royal Dutch Navy in the 1920's or 1930's.

Your tradition room looks marvelous. Do you have any other props, particularly German from WW1 which I might record for my book?

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
    X