Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REGY propeller Serie 240

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can help find which aircraft his prop is from.
    it's a REGY propeller, Serie 240 No 649 ( also has either B1 or R1 stamp)
    other side has A2 45 Op At
    Helices FFR Paris ( circular decal)

Hub 160 diameter, 95 thick
    8 holes 119 PCD, hole diameters 9 m
    central bore47mm
    Prop is 212cm diameter, but may have lost a bit on the tips.

The only similar one i can find is serie 245, for a caudron G3

It's also for a Caudron G3, except with an Anzani 6 cylinder, 45 HP engine.

The Serie 245 model was for a LeRhone engine.
    Dave

Comment

Hi,

Régy serial 240 was 210cm, so the tips could be original; Régy props had relatively square tips.
      The prop could be from a Caudron G3 or from a Morane, both school models, mainly for "rouleur" use (straight lines and turn practice without flying).
      To know more, you have to post large and clear pictures of the 4 side of the hub (2 flat sides and 2 round sides) even if it appears there is nothing to read.
      And for my database, pics of the decals and of the entire prop, please.

If you can't post them on the forum send, send me a mail and I will post the pictures from a server (mail: pmdecombeix at yahoo dot com (written like this to escape robots: replace the "at" and dot par the appropriate signs)).

Regards,
      PM

Comment

I've taken lots of pictures. there are a number of stamps also, but hard to see.

neil

Comment

more pics of the hub
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice prop. I hope you are able to maintain it in its present condition and not attempt to "restore" it in any way.
            Dave

Comment

Hi,

Yes, a very nice prop. As said Dave, don't make anything to restore it: keep it away from heating and from direct sun and you, and future generations (), will enjoy this true piece of history for years.
              Some more infos to come.

Regards,
              PM

Comment

Blériot XI R1 Pinguin....

Maybe that's the R1 on the stamp?

Neil

Comment

Hi,

Markings R1 on the side (near one SFA stamp) and digits 7 and 10 on the flat side (near three more SFA stamps quite not visible), are related to airworthyness process. Serial and prop numbers (240 above 649) on the flat side are from construction process and stamped there to recognize this very prop before these numbers are stamped on the side.

Régy serial 240 was a 210 centimeters prop, with 130 centimeters pitch and 225 millimeters blade width. It was designed for school used Caudron G3 and Morane "rouleur" (not flying a/c, sometimes names pinguin) fitted with five cylinders 45 HP Anzani engines ("Az 45" on the side).

This prop was approved at the end of the war, in late 1917 or 1918. The stamp on the blade root reads Les Fils de Régy Frères - Paris (outside) and HELICES RF in the center. That is The Sons of Régy Brothers - Paris and RF PROPELLERS. It is the "old" Régy stamp, before they became around 1918 Les Ateliers de Construction RF (that is RF Workshop Factory) as written on the decal. I do think they didn't make a new one when they chnage the company name.

It seems this prop was never mounted, as there is no marks on the flat sides, except for four, probably from a wall mounting. So, it was a spare part and survives because it was this. Probably made at the end of 1918, perhaps in 1919.

It seems also there are two kinds of wood, perhaps elm and mahogany.

Thanks for the large pics by mail.

Take care of your fine prop!

Regards,
                  PM

Comment

Working...
                  X