Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Gardner's Propeller Books; July 2011 update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Gardner's Propeller Books; July 2011 update.

'Afternoon chaps,

A note for forumites with news of my books on British WW1 Props.

Part 1 and part 2 were published in December last year. They described makers and their props from A to E.

Part 3 describes Farringdon to Lang and has gone to the printers. I think it will be on sale in August and I will be taking pre-publication orders soon at a slightly reduced price. I'll let you know when this facility opens on my website. The section on Lang describes the American Lang props as well as the British ones. Almost all I know about the American Lang props has come from this forum. They are almost completely unknown here in England.

Part 4 describes makers from the London Aircraft Co. to Sage. It is almost ready for the printers. I have some final odds and ends to tie up at the National Archives in Kew. It will be published in September or October.

I am also hard at work on my book on German WW1 props and this too is approaching completion, by which I mean it is 6-9 months from publication! Research for the books (probably five parts) has taken me to aviation museums in France, Belgium, Germany and Poland as well as the RAF Museum, Imperial War Museum, Science Museum and National Museum of Scotland here in Great Britain. Researching WW1 props is very much like running up hill in sand; mostly tiring hard work which gets you mostly nowhere, but occasionally I stumble across some buried treasure.

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com
Working...
X