Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage WPC Wood Hub Prop Please Help ID

I have been asked to look into this propeller for an estate. It is marked
    762-71. / W.P.C. 822 and it is also marked 17360 but I'm a complete novice to the prop scene. It is an 8 hole version with no metal in the hub but otherwise I'm hoping the photos will help. Any information appreciated.
    Attached Files

Is the lettering perhaps D-762-71? It could be a Fahlin prop for a Waco UIC or UBA plane. The prop looks like it's been refinished and in the absence of a decal this is rather conjecture. What is the diameter of your prop?

Lamar

Comment

I'm 99% sure about the markings. I went back through the photos and the first digit has to be a 7 as opposed to a D. I'm going to get the measurements that I missed now that I've seen what I need from the web site (diameter etc). It does look refinished to me...very nice condition.

Comment

Measurements

OK the 8 bolt holes are 7/16 inch in diameter. The main center hole is 3 3/4 inch in diameter and 6 inches deep. The distance from the center of the hub hole to the center of one of the 8 holes is 3 7/8 inch. I'm an amature but I think those are pretty good measurements. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Sorry, I've been out-of-pocket for a few days. What is the overall diameter, tip to tip?

Lamar

Comment

Length

It is 94 inches across.

Comment

This prop seems to be for a Waco UIC, UBA, UBF or UMF aircraft with a Contintental R670 engine. As I recall these were widely used as trainers in the USAAF Civilian Pilot Training Program during WW-II. It also looks refinished which rather diminishes its value to a collector.

More questions? I'll answer if I can.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks for everything

Well I'm so happy to get some information on the item. It is a real bummer that the refinishing makes it worth less...it is like that with a lot of things I guess. If you have any idea of the price range for something like this I would love to know, but you have given me enough information to get out there on my own and figure it out. Thank you very much for everything!

Comment

Working...
                X