Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to identify please

Hello everyone,

I live in England and inherited this half propeller and hub, from an uncle who was married to a lady who's previous husband was a pilot in England during WW1. This pilot aquired it from the airforce and made it in to an umbrella stand (I do have documented evidence of this) It must have been a long propeller as in it's present state, it measures 64 inches or 1625.6 mm. I can only assume that the hub is actually from this propeller as it came with it and the colour and type of wood appears to be the same, but the cross section of the cut off, of the propeller blade is larger than the cross section, of the cut off part of the hub so therefore the blade must have been even longer than it's 64 inches. I hope I'm making sense here.

There are no markings at all that I can see on either the blade or the hub and I have tried to show what it's like in the photo's. The metal strip on the leading edge extends to 48 inches or 1219 mm

Any information would be appreciated please.

Sincerely Sue
    Attached Files

I think the most you will ever know about this item is that it was once a propeller for something and is now a hub and umbrella stand.

There are just way too many possibilities to identify it.
    Dave

Comment

Thank you for that Dave, I guess I'll never find out then.

Sue

Comment

Well, just consider it a long shot.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X