Help with propeller identification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with propeller identification?

I found an old wooden propeller in my dad's basement after his death and would really appreciate some help in identifying it if possible. Measurements are as follows:

Length: 9' 2"
    Center Bore Diameter: 3 5/8"
    Bolt Hole Circle: 8"
    Diameter of Hub: 10"
    Number of Bolt Holes: 8
    Hub Thickness: 7 1/8"

The propeller has some brackets mounted on it for hanging on a wall. The bolt holes seemed to be partially filled with some kind of filler. Stamped on the hub is "BAP No. 82902" and, at a 90 degee angle, the numbers "2873". I tried to take some quick pictures with my phone camera (see link below). I will try to get better pictures when I can get someone to help me move it to a bigger area.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Ralph

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/...I%20Propeller/

"B.A.P." is the Bureau of Aircraft Production, and to my knowledge the number that follows that can't be cross referenced to anything meaningful.

It looks like a "typical" propeller for the Liberty 450 engine. Unfortunately, that engine was used a large variety of aircraft, so it may be impossible to narrow it down much further. Look for more numbers or indication of a manufacturer, but you may be stuck with a mystery. . .
    Dave

Comment

Value?

Thanks for the reply Dave. I would like to keep the propeller but honestly don't have anywhere to display or store it. I may put it up on ebay. Do you have any ball park idea of what it might be worth? Thanks, Ralph

Comment

Working...
      X