Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paragon Prop

Hi all.

Just looking to see if anyone knows what this Paragon prop would have come from. It has markings of 8806-33 and 6'6X4.50 on one blade and A.T.C.36 and DES40F on the other at root. Bolt circle is appx. 4 5/8 and bolt holes appear to be for a 3/8 bolt. Scimitar design with complete metal leading edge and tip. Its hub is also tapered from front to back. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dale
    www.coastdogaviation.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bvrdrvr; 01-23-2011, 02:13 PM.

Interesting looking prop. I don't have any listings that identify its usage, but I know that the American Propeller Company continued to make Paragon props for some time after WW1, but I'm not sure when they went out of business. I'm guessing that it's from the 20's or maybe even the 30's, but it has a very low numerical type certificate number (ATC36) so it's probably from soon after the type certificate system was implemented. I just don't know when that was.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks for your information Dave. I find it very interesting as I'm both a pilot and a mechanic so will continue my quest to find where this propeller came from.

Comment

Working...
      X