Can anyone assist with information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone assist with information

I hope someone may be able to assist me .. my late Father had in his possession a cut down woden propeller which I am trying to identify\

It has the following markings, a central hole surrounded by eight small bold holes

On the front it has

GIRRUS M11 - AVIATION OR SIMILAR

D.R.G. NO. Y.648/1

"INVINCIBLE" or similar name

JES 1835 or 1935

Some of the letters are faded but this is the best interpretation I can come up with and hope you can shed some light on this.

My Father did not leave Australia during the war although he did serve in Western Australia.

I do know he had intended in putting a clock into the prop but it has stayed in this form all my life and now my son is interested in finding out some information.

Sadly the prop is cut down so I am sure it has no value but it does have a sentimental value to the family..

Kind regards

Bruce Wonders
    Queensland Australia

Bob Gardner has thankfully given us a ton of drawing numbers on this thread elsewhere on this forum.

You'll find the drawing number Y648 listed there and corresponding to the Avro Avian with the Cirrus II or III engine. Since that design applied to several variations of the aircraft, it's hard to know which particular model it may have been used on.
    Dave

Comment

Many thanks for the information

I appreciate the information .. I am not sure how I can identify this specific prop .. any suggestions where I might find out further information ..

Comment

Working...
      X