Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to know what this is? anyone????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know what this is? anyone????????

Hi , we have this wooden prop and from what we can gather it may have come off a very early curtiss flying boat? of course were not sure and even though I am a aviator myself I am sure somebody here is more educated on this then me . lol... we think that this may be a paragon propeller due to some pics we have seen on this post. but again , not sure? the numbers we were able to get off of it read like this:

11 6 12
    we are thinking this may be its manufacture date? and the numbers we raised on the wood . this was on the right hand side of prop hub if it were mounted and you were facing it.

The next set from what we could make out are as follows:

1 or 2
    CG6 L 7'".
    These were on the left hand side if it were mounted and you were facing it. we have not gone ant farther yet but we plan on chemically stripping it to see if there is anything else we havent found yet? there are some numbers under the date of what we think maybe manufacture but they are unreadable at this time. we have also looked at some pics of triads and the no.2 signal corps plane as well. hope someone can help? thanks Mike.
    Attached Files

Hi,
    Originally posted by mkmetro View Post
    .../ we plan on chemically stripping it to see if there is anything else we havent found yet? /...

I suggest the use of a blowtorch for removing all that old varnish which keep you from reading the markings. And if you tear off the metal shielding you may find more under it ?

Ooops ! Perhaps read that before : http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/showthread.php?t=674

PS : 11 6 12 can't be a date, thankfully, as you have seriously begun to destroy this prop ...

Comment

Oh My God

Please stop murdering this prop.

Try other methods of getting the info off the hub. It looks to have a light
      coloured finish and the are much harder to recreate than the darker ones.

Regards,

Adrian.

Comment

Working...
      X