Need an ID please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an ID please

I'm new to the wood props. I have always loved them, just have never had one before. I was thinking about getting one and have my choice of two. I would like any input before I throw down the dough. Anything would be helpful. Definitely looking for an opinion on price though. I dont want to get screwed out of some money b/c im not familirar with everything that goes along with getting a wood prop. thanks for whoever responds. the info on the two props is below.-will try to add pictures. (all of this was given to me by the seller)

G.B Lewis Co.
    Watertown, Wis.
    Serial # 13497
    Des: # L6FK-48
    PC.#20
    TC: 846
    Length: 76 1/2"
    width: 7" @ HUB
    Stinson Voyager 150

Military Designator: DWG: 44k15005
    serial: 44-20040
    6 bolts
    85SLYA-57 ---Sensenich common Designation
    Propeller was manufactured between 1932- 1942
    85Slya-57---- Stinson L5 Lycoming 0-435
    Length: 85 1/2"
    Width: 8"
    6 bolt at hub
    Attached Files

I'd say the Lewis prop is worth over twice what the Sensenich is. It's got original decals and appears to be in unrestored condition. It's also a little more "elegant" looking, IMHO. Believe it or not, I think the 8 bolt hole hub is a better collectible as well.
    Dave

Comment

thank you

thank you dave, but do you have any idea as to what would be a good price to pay for them or what they are worth?

Comment

There is no "market price". If I saw one for sale for $300 I'd probably buy it so I could sell it on eBay. If I had one and someone offered me $1000 for it I'd take it in a heartbeat.

That doesn't help, does it?
        Dave

Comment

Ha

That is definitely broad, but what I'd expect from a moderator. Ha ha. It is listed for sale for $750. I wonder how low he would go. I just dont want to pay his asking price. The two that I showed the pics of (he has them both for sale for $750) I was leaning toward the lewis one also though. I guess thats it unless anybody has anything else?

Comment

Working...
          X