Help identifying 74" 10-bolt hub propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying 74" 10-bolt hub propeller

My mother has obtained a propeller of unknown origin and we'd like some help identifying it please. It has the code DR66480 stamped into the hub face but no other markings visible anywhere. It has 10 equispaced hub bolt holes, which from a quick look on the internet would seem to be unusual. I have the following dimensions for it:

1. Tip to tip prop length is 74"
    2. Hub bolt hole diameter is 3/4"
    3. Hub bolt hole PCD is 5 1/2"
    4. Centre bore diameter is 2 5/8"
    5. Hub thickness is 3 5/8"

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Si.

Those are very weird proportions, particularly the length of the prop and the thickness of the hub, combined with the 10 hole drilling.

Can you post a picture of it? Does it look as if the tips might have been cut down? (They should taper in thickness at the tip and be very thin there.)
    Dave

Comment

I've had some pictures taken but they're not so good I'm afraid. Here's the best of them and I'll get some more taken.

A Jan 2010. 006.jpg

A Jan 2010. 008.jpg

Hope these come out as I'm a total amateur with forums. I think they'll be too small so if you can tell me some way of increasing their size or emailing them somewhere then I'd be grateful.

Si.

Comment

You've got me stumped. The size of the holes (large) and the fact that there are 10 of them are both very strange. (Hub bolts did not need to be thick. They work mostly by tensioning the pressure plate in the hub assembly rather than structural "posts" to resist torque.) It might even have been some type of experimental design, but I really have no idea.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X