Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDR-3 Assault Drone Propeller

✨WWII Interstate TDR-3 Assault Drone Propeller ✨

This propeller was once in the ✨Donald Douglas Museum✨ collection in Santa Monica, California (the original museum tag is still attached). It’s believed that this was sold at auction when the museum moved locations in the late 1980s and became the Museum of Flying.

Extremely rare and obscure, this propeller was manufactured specifically for use on a highly top secret assault drone of WWII known as the Interstate TDR-3 (approximately only 4 of these planes were ever made).

Developed as part of an early experimental unmanned aerial assault drone program for the United States Navy, these drones were state of the art at the time and could be flown remotely using a radar altimeter and television! Despite their unassuming appearance, the aircraft were designed to carry payloads of either a 2,000 LB bomb or an aerial torpedo.

While the TDR-3 variants did not see combat, their predecessor, the TDR-1’s were deployed in the Pacific and saw limited action against the Japanese.

Due to the cancellation of the program, only a handful of TDR-3’s were completed (four prototypes, two of the XTD3R-1, one of the XTD3R-2). Only two known TDR-1s still exist, and only a few TDR-3 props are known to have survived (one TDR-1 is on display at the National Naval Aviation Museum and another in DeKalb, IL)

This would make a great addition to any militaria or aviation enthusiasts collection. Also great decor for bars, restaurants, board rooms, offices, museums, etc.

Propeller Specifications: ~87.5" long

Asking: $2800

MORE PHOTOS:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HV?usp=sharing

Attached Files

My dad worked on the TDR series of aircraft. He was an engineer for Interstate and worked in DeKalb. Have you contacted Roger Keys in DeKalb?

Comment

Video on TDR aircraft.

https://vimeo.com/290439151?fbclid=I...c7RlruLM08DQyA

or,
      on YouTube, search for "TDR-1". There are several videos on the drone.
      Last edited by BS-1952; 12-02-2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BS-1952 View Post
        My dad worked on the TDR series of aircraft. He was an engineer for Interstate and worked in DeKalb. Have you contacted Roger Keys in DeKalb?
        Thank you for the video link. I've not seen that one. And very cool that your dad worked for Interstate on the TDRs! Also, I have spoken to Roger Keys at length about the prop. We had a very nice chat. The National Naval Aviation Museum was also interested in the prop. I'm currently shopping it around some circles in search of a sponsor to purchase the prop out right from me, that person could then donate the prop to a museum as a write-off or add it to their collection.

Comment

Working...
        X