Fahlin Prop Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahlin Prop Wanted

I married a Fahlin, and even though there's no known connection to Ole, I'd really like to buy a propeller for my husband. I really have no idea what kind of Fahlin prop, but, I would like the name to be in good shape! Would use it for decoration only. Thank you!

Beth

My best suggestion would be to search eBay for the name Fahlin searching in both the auction title and description. They show up occasionally.

Lamar

Comment

Fahlin Prop

Hi Beth,

Ole was my fathers uncle and I have been collecting his props for the past several years. I now have eight of them!! I have bought all but one on EBAY and the other I found on aircraftbargains.com.
      I recently found this article about Ole when he was working in Missouri : http://www.marshallnews.com/story/1181216.html It mentions that he originally came to the USA to visit an uncle in Fon Du Lac, Wisconsin. Maybe your husband had relatives from there that could confirm if he is related. If so let me know......maybe we are distant cousins!! Good Luck with finding a prop......Craig

Comment

Just showed up on eBay, Fahlin propeller

Comment

This has nothing to do with wooden props but to you who are interested in Ole Fahlin it may be of interest. Check out eBay item http://cgi.ebay.com/Ole-Fahlin-Alumi...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Re: Fahlin Prop Wanted

Originally posted by Mrs.Fahlin
            I married a Fahlin, and even though there's no known connection to Ole, I'd really like to buy a propeller for my husband. I really have no idea what kind of Fahlin prop, but, I would like the name to be in good shape! Would use it for decoration only. Thank you!

Beth

Comment

Re: Fahlin Prop Wanted

Originally posted by Mrs.Fahlin

Beth
              Beth: I responded to your inquiry a couple of days ago, and have not heard. I am not very computer literate, so probably my mistake. I have had a Fahlin wooden propeller for several years, that I am willing to part with. It is a real prop, made by Fahlin under a sub-contract by Sensenich during WWII. These props were meant to go on Fairchild PT-19 and PT-26 aircraft, which I believe were training aircraft. This prop obviously never went on an aircraft. It is flawless. Both decals are impeccable, not even a scratch. Brass leading edges, etc. The serial # is 44-22747. The engine it was meant to be used on is the Ranger 6-440. It is about 7' tall. If interested, I will e-mail you some photos. Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
              John

Comment

Working...
              X