Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Modern" Wooden Propellers

Old 09-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
kiel182

Default wooden propeller blade

i just received a wooden propeller blade that was shipped from europe.
the serial number is 9-17302-a-4 and there is also a number underneath that is w-Nnlb 27145/2 does anybody know where i can find out what plane/engine this came off?
your help is appreciated.
kiel182 :?:
Old 09-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #2
Dave

I think that one is going to be very hard. It sounds like a modern variable pitch blade, but I have no idea where to look it up.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
kiel182

DAVE
TKS FOR TRYING, DO U HV ANY NAMES OF LARGE EARLY AIRCARFT WITH WOODEN PITCH PROPELLERS? :?:
Old 09-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
kiel182

dave
just got word that my european connection thinks this a blade fm a junkers 4 and it belonged to the swiss army. checking on the ju 4 this is a single engine plane built around 1916 do think this could be correct? :?:
Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
Dave

That sounds like a shot in the dark to me. Without seeing the blade, I have no idea even what it might be, much less what it actually is. I will say that the numbers stamped on it are not characteristic of any of the stampings typically seen or WW1 aircraft.

I've learned to practically ignore some of the claims that go along with propellers unless there is some other basis to support it.

You speak of this as a propeller "blade". Do you mean that it looks like half of a propeller like the one at the upper left?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
kiel182

tks dave, just found out it cannot be from the junkers 4. my blade is just too big and after seeing pictures of the ju 4 it is too large.
this is def a part of a larger plane, it was connected to a hub as it has grooves that connects to the hub. it was part of the swiss airforce so mite be able to get some info fm them.
:?:
Old 09-14-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
MWP_Lamar

Sounds like a blade from a variable pitch adjustable prop as Dave noted in an earlier post here. Can you post pictures?

Lamar
MWP_Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #8
kiel182

i have a picture of the propeller on my computer, but do not know how to attach it to this document. can i get some guidance or can i send it as an email, need address.
tks

Image add by Lamar
Old 09-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
MWP_Lamar

This is definitely a variable pitch adjustable prop. Unfortunately it's in pretty sad shape, too as the end is broken off.
MWP_Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
Alex T.

Hi everybody!

first of all compliments for the useful and nice website! Then my 2 cents about this propeller blade: it has all the looks of a german WW2 propeller to me, probably one of those used on the Ju88s or on the FW190Ds. Some measures of the hub attachment and the chord would help to identify it

Cheers!

Alex