Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Modern" Wooden Propellers

Old 09-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
03oldreyd

Default Identification of Second World War era Propeller Blade. Please help!

Good Afternoon, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help.

I have owned this propeller blade for some years after being given it by a friend from his pub near the disused RAF Oakley, Bucks. I have always assumed that it is off a Wellington as those operated from the airfield during the second world war. After looking at other blades, I am no longer sure that it is off a Wellington, due to the shaping and base.

The blade is wooden although painted black with a yellow tip. The leading edge has a metal trim for well over half the length of the blade.

It has a green identification disc with the lettering "H.C.S" followed by three different numbers 33029, 33025 (Bigger than the other two), 33028. I assume these are numbers relating to this, and the other blades for balancing reasons.

Unlike the other blades I have seen, it doesn't appear to have an R as associated with Rotol blades. So currently I am non nonplussed.

Please could somebody help, I would be very grateful as I am now at a dead end in my research.

Photos are attached.

Length of the Wooden blade : 135cm
Length of the entire blade including metal base : 158cm
There are 6 x bolt holes on the bottom of the metal base.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20130920_001.jpg (75.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20130919_001.jpg (58.2 KB, 3 views)
03oldreyd is offline   Reply With Quote