Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Modern" Wooden Propellers

Old 07-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Stampy

Default Need Info on S&S Propeller

My dad gave me a propeller that he thought came from an Avro Anson. I would like to confirm the aircraft type and any other information about it. I would also be interested in the approximate value, but I'm not interested in selling. It has an 8 hole hub and the markings are as follows:

S&S Aircraft Limited Winnipeg
SER.S.2381
SS-SS.210.E
D 93"
P 76"
JACOBS L4
NOV 1943

Thank you for your help.
Stampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
MWP_Lamar

I have no detailed information on the production of S&S but you may benefit from this posting: http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/s...ead.php?t=2648

Lamar
MWP_Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
ennazus

Default s&s aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWP_Lamar View Post
I have no detailed information on the production of S&S but you may benefit from this posting: http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/s...ead.php?t=2648

Lamar
i have a bit of info on s&s...some of which my family provided and some of which a researcher provided when he was working on a project about laminated boats in nova scotia...as mentioned in my reply to ingrid's post, i inherited an illustrated notebook of the s&s manufacturing process...i'd like to help others and in turn maybe fill some of the gaps i have as well in my family's connection to the wooden prop manufacturing world during and after ww2...
ennazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
MWP_Lamar

I would love to know more about the info you have. Please check your Private Messages on this Forum.

Lamar
MWP_Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
s&s, s&s 210e