Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Modern" Wooden Propellers

Old 07-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
doublet

Default Hartzell Prop

I have a wooden Hartzell Prop with the number 36532 stamped in the wood hub, and a steel hub insert with assem 41G2325 Cont. W33-038AC549 ARO Ser. No. 24333. I was told this was from a Ryan Aircraft when I bought it, but would like to know for certain what model, and year etc. Any info and help would be appreciated. This is in nice shape and has started the fire for a home display. I have digital pics. Thank you for the use of this site. Tim.

Picture inserted by Lamar.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
MWP_Lamar

If you'ld like your pictures posted here, just email them to me. I'd like to see your prop, too.

Lamar
MWP_Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
doublet

Additional numbers found on bottom of hub!
Ok with you're prompting I've found this added info. AAF Design 43K 26463 SER NO 36532. It was on the bottom of the hub, not the face and was less than visible to me. The curator thought Ryan pt22 or Fairchild pt23A. Both were WWII trainers so I'm supposed to be in modern wood propellers I suppose. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it. Tim.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:16 PM   #4
MWP_Lamar

It's for a Fleet or Fairchild PT-19 or a Fleet PT-26, made under a 1943 AAF contract.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
doublet

I would like to outwardly state my sincere appreciation to both Dave and Lamar for the guidance and help in identifying the craft this prop came from. Without it I likely would have floundered around and not found out. It's this type of networking and their dedication to this hobby that adds a great deal of interest. I will be following their guidlines and not restore this prop but preserve it's authenticity. Once my display is underway I will post some progress pics. Thank you again, Tim.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:16 AM   #6
MWP_Lamar

Thank you for your kind words Tim. I look forward to seeing the results of your preservation efforts.

Lamar
Old 08-21-2006, 08:17 PM   #7
jdill

Hello - Regarding the posts for a Hartzell propeller, I too have recently come into possession of what I believe to be the same kind of propeller. Mine is a Hartzell wooden propeller with the numbers AAF Design No. 43k26263, and SR. No. 37163 stamped on the hub. Would I be correct to assume that this propeller is also " ...for a Fleet or Fairchild PT-19 or a Fleet PT-26, made under a 1943 AAF contract?"

Any info would be appreciated. What a nice web site. You are to be commended.

John
Old 08-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
jdill

Hi again! I see a lot of references on the internet that the PT19 series of aircraft were equipped with a Sensenich propeller. Referencing the above string on this web page, the PT19ís are said to have come equipped with a Hartzell propeller. What is the explanation for this? Were there two manufacturers?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #9
Dave

There may have been several other manufacturers as well, and sometimes one manufacturer would license another to build the same design prop.

I couldn't find the 43k26263 drawing number in any of my lists. The "43" does imply a 1943 military contract, and is sometimes cross referenced to a civilian drawing number, but in this case I can't find it.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #10
MWP_Lamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
I couldn't find the 43k26263 drawing number in any of my lists. The "43" does imply a 1943 military contract, and is sometimes cross referenced to a civilian drawing number, but in this case I can't find it.
I don't have 43K26263 in any of my lists, either.