Help Identify Flottrop Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify Flottrop Propeller

I just acquired some old wooden props, one is a Flottrop. The only numbers stamped on it are: A1188 and DES 7547 G - 46
    Can anyone give me some help as to what that prop was used on, age, or any other information?

The only 7547 models I see are "S" designation, presumably for Szekely, which you can find on this page.

The 46 is likely the pitch, but I don't know what the "G" is for, and maybe a whole different engine.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks, I believe this is definitely a Flottorp (I need to figure out how to spell it too I see). The very old decals are still on it.

Comment

Looking at the numbers and such for that period, it would appear that it was made for some engine whose name started with a G.
        Could that possibly be there for "Government"? Does anyone recall an engine whose name started with a G?

Comment

Well, I DID find Gipsy and Genet engines made back then

Comment

How about the "G" being a "C", which would make much more sense. I have another reference showing a Flottorp model 7547 C, which has the same hub dimensions as the others and was designed for a 63 HP engine. The hub is specified with slight measurement differences, so I presume they were all made for use with the Szekely engine.

It was produced under Type Certificate 408, which expired on September 3, 1948, meaning that it could not be used on certificated aircraft after that date.
            Dave

Comment

Nope, no chance at all. The propeller is in excellent shape, and the stamped id is very clear, and it is definitely a G. I will post a photo of the stampings for everyone to see if they read it the same as I.
              Thanks for helping to figure this out.

Comment

Red Hat Nov and Prop 006.jpg
                This should show the detail:

Comment

Red Hat Nov and Prop 005.jpg
                  And yet another of the script:

Comment

Well, it has been a few years, I still have the prop and have no idea what it was originally on. Anybody care to help?

Comment

I'd help if I could. I'm not able to find the "G" suffix anywhere.
                      Dave

Comment

" G " as a monkey wrench

Interesting thread indeed. Well I,could not resist throwing a monkey wrench into the mix, that has nothing to do with this but it is a engine that uses the letter " G " in its name. Granted, anything that is powered by a low horsepower szekley engine will not be in the same horsepower class as a " guiberson " aircooled diesel radial, see enclosed posted photo. I thought this would bring a smile. Particularly to Lamar.................Grin.

Sincerely,
                        Dennis Hicklin
                        Seattle Washington.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X