Huge wooden prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge wooden prop.,,, from Texas

Okay here is another pic,, i saw the spot that might look like a dowel that has been filled but got my fingernail underneath and it popped off like a spot of sap or glue,,the hub shows to have had some sort of flange or big washer around it or round plate,,
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Perhaps there is something written, using dry point (not sure of the English word: kind of sharp metal stylus). If true, it could be very interesting because it seems written before varnishing (at least the today varnish).
      Please, post a very clear and large close up of this place (and of the shielding showing close up of two or three rivets).

Could you confirm the central hole is larger on one side? And give the exact size(s) of the hole(s) and of the whole propeller also?

Regards,
      PM
      Last edited by pmdec; 04-17-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

huge wooden prop.,,, from Texas

Okay just woke up,, I will get right on this and get the inches of the hole and the prop

thanks
        Doyle Cowart

Comment

Hi Doyle,

I still think I might be able to see filled bolt holes in a pattern of six, but they may well just be smudges on the wood. See the yellow arrows below. Is anything there in real life?

With kind regards,

Bob
          Attached Files
          Bob Gardner
          Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
          http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

And by the way, your prop was flown quite a lot, as evinced by the ovality in the bolt holes.

Bob
            Bob Gardner
            Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
            http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
            X