Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help identifying

hello guys
    i got this amazing prop and I really want to find the plane it came from, or at least A plane that most probably used this kind of props.

the only writing on it says:
    68 LxL 32

it is a wooden prop obviously, with a metal leading edge and square tips.
    center main hole is 2"
    it has 5 screw holes of 1/2"
    metal wing tips are 5" wide and the metal cover of the leading edge is made of 5 sections held in place with rivets- total length of 22" (of metal from tip towards hub)
    its made of 6 slices of wood glued and beautifully carved into this amazing prop.
    all I learned from the man who gave it to me is that it was probably used in some type of an air-boat..
    hope this is enough, if there is something else you think might help just give me a holler.
    thanks Yaniv

Yes, it's almost certainly for an airboat, not an airplane. The design number (68 LxL 32) is consistent with that, as are the 5 bolt hole pattern, the squared off tips and the flat (32" pitch).
    Dave

Comment

thanks for the fast reply Dave!

is there any way of knowing what year is it and what kind of engines/airboats was it used for?
      I added a few pics
      Attached Files

Comment

I've got some data sheets at home that might help, but it looks like it's been refinished, which removes the manufacturer's decals, which broadens the search. Date will be hard, but I might be able to find the engine it was for when I get home.

By the way, there are 6 bolt holes, not 5.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X