Seeking info on Flottorp prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking info on Flottorp prop

Would appreciate any info on identifying this Flottorp Prop. It was purchased about 33 years ago in San Antonio TX from a guy who sold props for restoration of old aircraft. He told me it was for a 1929 Monocoupe, have not been able to substantiate that. It is 6' 61/2" long, 8 bolt. Stamped in the metal edging is Flottorp G.R. Mich. Stamped in the wood is: DESIGN 7854. Also stamped in the blade is 15030.

Any help in identifying it and it's value would be greatly appreciated.

Great website bye the way.

Steve
    Attached Files

Would you please verify the design number? Is it possibly 7845 rather than 7854? One of the several variants of design 7845 is for a Monocoupe with a Velie engine but as I have cause to know that prop has only 6 bolt holes.

Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MWP_Lamar View Post
      Would you please verify the design number? Is it possibly 7845 rather than 7854? One of the several variants of design 7845 is for a Monocoupe with a Velie engine but as I have cause to know that prop has only 6 bolt holes.

Lamar
      I checked...it is Design 7854.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for verifying that but unfortunately I have no information on that design. Perhaps someone else will.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks for trying. Do you know who might ? Any idea on the value ?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Kline View Post
            Do you know who might? Any idea on the value?
            I have no idea who might.

To some extent value depends on whether you wish to sell it or insure it. For insurance I'd say somewhere in the $600 - $800 but your insurer may want you to have a formal appraisal which will require a detailed examination of it.

So far as selling it I'd suggest watching eBay SOLD items that were actually sold (not just listed) and get some idea of what a wooden prop the size and condition of yours is selling for. Be aware that this is not a good time to be selling it due to our sluggish economy.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
            X