Large 10 foot prop i.d.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large 10 foot prop i.d.?

Hi I would really appreciate any info on a prop I recently bought. I believe it is British, it has 2 metal i.d. plates hammered onto both sides of the hub. These read DRG NO SP 7536 4 Jaguar VI B D-10'-6'' P 100 and the other reads Oct 1936 47165. There are numerous maintenance stamps which I think read 37 in the middle. The blade is very large, about 118'' long, 8'' thick at the hub, 11.5 '' wide at hub, 3.5'' hole , and has 8 mounting holes. It has 8 layers of wood and is partially covered by some sort of black (rubber ) coating. I feel it might have come off a seaplane but I have had little success researching it. It sat at a wrecking yard for many years exposed to the elements (in Hamilton,Ontario, Canada). Maybe off a Jaguar engine? I will try to add photos if that would help. Also value if possible-its in rough shape. Thanks in advance ,Simon

Photos would be most helpful. If you need help posting them here, email them to me using the small email button below and I'll insert them into your post.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
    X