Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heine Propeller

Hi guys

A new guy over here at the forum who happens to have a half-propeller in his house built by Heine Propellerwerke. The problem is - that's all I know about it. Most probably it's post WW1, but even so, what is it for? What aircraft? Is it even Post WW1?

Below are some pics.

Because of the markings, I speculate that this was part of a Klemm KI 35 training aircraft, but it's speculation from my part. It also comes with this small pedestal with a model aircraft on it.

If you could give a helping hand in identifying this, it would really help a lot.

Also, if you might know, any price estimates on this.

Thank you so much!
    Attached Files

I'm no expert on German props, but my guess is that you are correct in assuming that it post-WW1 era. Earlier Heine props did not typically have decals or metal sheathing.

It looks as if the hub was drilled for separate metal hubs, or else some kind of offset bolt pattern was used in some way.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Dbahnson!

It has 6 holes drilled, but given that I only have a half of a propeller, I don't really know what it is.

If it is from a Klemm KI 35, then it's an interesting propeller, but that's still speculation on my part.

If anyone can give more info, it would be really appreciated.

Comment

Your Heine blade dates from c1936.

The data translates as:
        Heine; a Berlin propeller maker
        K1?5; The aircraft type, the Klemm 135
        D1950 The diameter in mm
        St1050 The pitch in mm

With kind regards,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Thank you so much Mr. Bob Gardner!

Glad to see that my assumption was correct, quite an interesting piece in my house. Klemm KI 35 are quite rare.

By any chance, have any Klemm propellers been sold in the past? Is there any estimate value?

Comment

I agree that it is rare and interesting but that does not imbue it with any financial value. Aircraft from between the two world wars are rather a sleepy subject at the moment. Also you don't have a complete prop. Your blade is worth about 10% of a whole prop. If put into auction here in England I would expect it to sell for around £60 GBP, about €60 EUR or 66 USD.

But none of the above should inhibit your enjoyment of a rare and interesting item.

With kind regards,

Bob
            Bob Gardner
            Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
            http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
            X