Identification Help Sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Help Sought

I have recently bought an early wooden propeller. It appears to be made of mahogany, it is approximately 8ft long and bears the name of the manufacturer, Ebora on the hub. It also has Type 131 stamped below the name.

Would anyone be able to tell me the likely age of this propeller, the type of aircraft it would have been used on, and possibly the engine driving it ?

Nick Axten

It's bound to be a nice one. Are there decals or is Ebora just stamped?

Pictures may help, and one of the Ebora descendants is registered here. I'll try to notify him.

Comment

Ebora made propellers in Kingston-upon-Thames from c1912 to 1919. I have the type 131 recorded but without any data at all. If you could measure it from tip to tip, I might be able to identify the engine and aircraft.

I once sold an Ebora prop back to the Ebora family, which was a great delight.

Can you post photographs?

With kind regards,

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Identification Help Required - continued

Many thanks for the offers of help in identifying this propeller. I was amazed and delighted to find that there are such knowledgeable and authoritative people out there!

I have remeasured the overall length and found that it is exactly 2.0 metres, or 6ft 6 3/4 inches in 'old money'. (I must have got confused last time, thinking it was 8ft).

Any information would be very welcome.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X