Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with propeller identification

Greetings to all.

I have this prop that's been dug out of storage.
    Same old story: It's been sitting in an old relative's garage for eons. One family member recalls it sat atop the basement bar, after suffering a tree strike. The damage would corroborate this.

There's no markings on the outside of the hub. Presumably it's been sanded.
    The only number is on one side of the hub face "1189", as well as two other markings.

Diameter is 99"
    Hub thickness: 4"
    Center hole: 2.7" (no taper)
    Bolt dia ~5.6"

No one wants it. It will be looking for a good home at something resembling a reasonable price. Suggestions on where to sell it are welcome.
    Attached Files

It looks like a prop for an OX5 engine, except that the bolt hole circle diameter should be 5 1/4", not 5.6". Did you measure to the center of each hole exactly opposite one another in the hub? That's the bolt hole circle diameter and is quite specific to the engine.

Comment

Thank you for catching that Dbahnson, it's definitely a 5 1/4" bolt pattern.

Now that I have a name for it, a lot of the online photos I've found seem to match your suggestion. Lots of variants.

(mods please move to other forum if need be )

Comment

You can list it in the "Selling" category here or the other option is eBay. If you describe it as an OX5 propeller you can also state that it was "likely" used for a Curtiss JN4, but can't positively establish that application. If you sell it, you can check out my shipping technique, which has worked very well for me shipping them all over the world.

Comment

Working...
        X