Any ideas on this prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on this prop?

A friend was just given an old prop, but knows nothing about it (not unlike myself). Anyone got any suggestions?

U. S. Propellers, Inc.
    DES 76FGS64
    SER 10274
    RPM 2200
    HP 115
    TC 787

It has 8 holes in it, and on the backside by the holes is the number 10274. It is just over 6 feet long and has metal leading edges.

U.S. Propellers was a manufacturer of very few wooden airplane props. To my knowledge neither design number nor serial number lists for their airplane props exist. From what I can determine, they made mostly small props used only on target drones. They also made airboat and perhaps snow sleigh props. I would say that yours is definitely an airplane prop but I cannot tell for what make and model.

Lamar

Comment

Lamar, I need to send you my data sheet for U.S. Propellers, although I think it was in with the others I sent a while back.

This prop is peculiar because of the footnote that goes with it (see attached). Basically, it was in a series of 700+ that were produced but stamped incorrectly, so they were not certified and many of them have appeared in the marketplace as a consequence. As near as I can tell, it was meant to be used on the Interstate L-6 airplane.

(The attached info was just cropped from the larger page of info.)
      Attached Files
      Dave

Comment

Thanks, y'all!

Hey I sure appreciate the information! Just a few quick looks at some old L-6's and upon first glance, the props look identical.

Comment

Information?

Dave,

Where did you get the information that you included in your answer? Can I get a copy of it?

Comment

It's an FAA publication, Aircraft LIsting and Aircraft Engine and Propeller Listing, Type Certification Sheets and Specifications, published in January, 1983, by the U.S. DOT, FAA.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X