early propeller ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early propeller ID

Help please with identification of an early wooden propeller: Made by Trepaco, Norwich (two original decals), 8 hole boss, about 7'6'' long, canvas? tipped. marked A126 in boss, and 17805 WD. Several other numbers marked. I have no intention of selling it, but would like to know what aircraft it came from.

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your interesting note. Props made by Trevor Page are rare and I have only seen one. I can't identify the prop from the info so far. Please send details of the other numbers, particularly the diameter and pitch (D and P) and the drawing number which might begin S or LP.

Could you also include a photograph of the decal. Perhaps you could also send me a high resolution copy to me at aeroclocks@btinternet.com so that I can include it in my book, with your permission, if it is better or different from my sole example. Makers often had different forms of their company decal.

With regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Hi Bob,
      Many thanks for your prompt relpy. I will get the details and photos and send them to uou in the next couple of days. Mislaid camera, but it can't be too far away.

Comment

Working...
      X