Request help to ID propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request help to ID propeller

Recently purchased propeller of unknown provenance. Manufacturer unknown. Length 70". 6 bolt hubs. Identification # 14676. My own online searches have come up empty. Pics attached. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

It's impossible to identify without a stamped design number. There were many different models of 70 inch propellers made for a variety of aircraft and engines.

U.S Propellers manufactured several of those with counterbores under Type Certificate #859. Sensenich made several 70 inch diameter props (all of the ones listed on that page that have a prefix of "70" in the model number), but it's not clear that yours was even manufactured by Sensenich. It does show a range of aircraft and engines that used that size prop, however.

In some ways it's like finding a 16 inch automobile tire and trying to find out which car it was used on. Lots of possibilities . . .

Comment

Request Help to ID propeller

The stamped number on the hub of prop is 14676.

Comment

That's almost certainly a serial number rather than a design number. I suspect that some propellers went through production with a serial number stamped early, then got rejected in the inspection process, never got a stamped model number then was kept by an employee as a display piece. Yours is almost certainly from the 30s or later, as even in the teens almost all manufactured propellers had design numbers stamped on them, along with serial numbers.

Comment

Request Help to ID propeller

OK. Thanks. The only other markings on the hub are a "1" and a "2" 180 degrees out from each other which I assume might have been position references for proper mounting/installation.

Comment

That's correct.

Comment

Working...
            X