Freedman-Burnham Engineering Corporation Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedman-Burnham Engineering Corporation Propeller

I am trying to find as much info as I can about this FREEDMAN-BURNHAM ENGINEERING CORPORATION wooden airplane propeller. I don't have a clue about it other than the fact that it is in superb condition! Here is some info about it/and some pictures:
    • Pat. No.2234.073
      SER. NO. B-283 P-200-72

THANK YOU in advance for your help!!!!

Your prop is an adjustable pitch prop. I would recommend you visit the website www.notplanejane.com that specializes in this type of prop for more information.

Lamar

Comment

Congratulations on being able to post the pictures. For some reason some people can't get that.

Like Lamar says, go to Monte Chase's web site. He collects that type of propeller and has quite a few.

Yours does look to be in great shape.
      Dave

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advice guys! I didn't have a clue where to start. The prop was my uncles. It is in pretty good shape. Just needs a nice polish.

I also have an original flight suit, a parachute, goggles, and a flag that was aboard the SR-71 Smithsonian Record Setting Flight from Los Angeles,CA to Washington D.C.

I can take pics if you guys are interested in taking a look at what I have?

Thanks again!

Comment

Freedman Burnham propellor

My wife's grandfather, Walter Burnham, was one of the designers of your propellor. We have a few blades of some of them, amongst one of them the prototype. He also was one of the designers of the TravelAir Mystery Ship, which won the Thompson Trophy race in 1929.

Comment

Working...
          X