Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Sensenich prop

Dear Forum,

I have a wooden Sensenich propeller with a model no 43K15131A and serial no AF43B-5479. It has both decals with Sensenich Bros. Lititz.PA and has a 8 hole hub. Trying to find some info on which aircraft and how it ended up in South Africa. Also possible value.

Eugene.
    Last edited by Eugene B; 04-22-2019, 09:09 AM.

By pure coincidence, the previous post in this category concerned an identical design as yours, the only difference being that yours has an "AF" number, presumably referring to Air Force. (The coincidence made your sign up problem even more confusing to me . . . )

I don't know the history of those aircraft in South Africa, but the prop may have been there in support of them or it may have simply been shipped there as a collectible.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I was able to match that the prop was off a Fairchild PT 19 or 23. Also managed to find an article on the Fairchild used as a trainer and there were pilots from Rhodesia(now Zimbabwe) which is one of the neighbouring countries to South Africa and possibly the source of my prop.
      Great forum. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X