Stone Supreme Propeller Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Supreme Propeller Value?

I have a Stone Supreme propeller and wanted to see if anyone could suggest and approximate value. Unfortunately, my younger brother thought it would be a good idea to sand it down and re-varnish it so it would look nice on his wall. In doing so, he sanded off the stickers, but before he did so the stickers looked just like the picture on the left-hand side of the Stone Supreme page on this site. I realize that not having the stickers probably really decreases the value, and I am not sure that without them it would even be possible to "prove" the propellers manufacturer. There are two numbers etched into it near the bolt holes, (WB728 and No.1276.) if this helps. It is 75 inches long, has 8 bolt holes, and the center hole is 3 inches across.

Anyway, i just wanted to see if this would have any value, or if i should just hang it back on a wall. Thanks for the help.

Sad to say refinishing it and removing the decals pretty much destroyed the collector value in my opinion. I suppose I'd suggest putting it back on the wall.

Lamar

Comment

How sad.

A similar thing happened to me a few years back, and the thought of it still causes me minor anguish. A family offered me a very rare prop, the first that I had seen; possibly the only one in existence. They had done some research and knew of its rarity and I agreed to buy it for around 1500 gbp, then about 3000 usd.

When I got there, money in hand, I discovered that these nice people had concluded that they could not take my money for the prop in dusty and decrepit condition and had sanded it smooth and painted it with a nice coat of polyurethane varnish.

They were astonished that I did not buy it.

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
      X