44k24605

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44k24605

Have had this Fahlin 7' 6", 8 holes in the hub wood propeller in the family for many years. It was like new and never on an aircraft when we found it in the early 1970s. I can not find what type of aircraft it was on. The numbers on the hub do not match anything for a Fahlin, but there are numbers that do line up with a Sensenich. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Glenn Whitehouse
    Capt. American Airlines

AF.44 26433
    DNG NO 44K24605 Stamped on the hub
    Attached Files

Still looking for some help here!! Is there anybody that can help me with this ident??

Comment

I've moved this to the "Modern Propellers" section. It was posted in the wrong place.

Go to this page to view the military design numbers, then cross reference 44K24605 to model 90JA-81, which can be found on this page.

It's a very commonly found model, used on a Cessna Bobcat (which goes by a variety of other names). It was probably manufactured by Fahlin under an agreement with Sensenich as part of the military contract. That model became obsolete with the introduction of metal props, and thousands of them ended up as surplus.
      Last edited by Dave; 10-26-2011, 09:38 AM.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X