Pre 1943 Sensenich 70” prop in rough shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 1943 Sensenich 70” prop in rough shape

I just purchased my first wooden prop. It is in unrestored condition and I love the appearance with the exception of the missing bit on one of the tips. I would like to make it complete for aesthetics only. I’m not concerned about value. I assume it has little resale value due to the condition but I’d still like to make the correct improvements/repairs. I’d greatly appreciate any insight on how this prop can be brought closer to complete. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

It has original decals and has a "historical" event that has resulted in visible damage. It has character and tells a story.

I'd leave it the way it is and find one on eBay that meets your needs. Leave this one alone for someone who will value its provenance and originality. IMHO, any attempt to make it better will simply make it worse.

Comment

I do value that it is in untouched original condition. I think it is beautiful and will definitely find it’s place above my mantel. I’d much prefer this state to an example that has been “cleaned up” and tips painted.

Comment

Thanks for “talking me down”. The more I look at this prop the more I love it’s character and condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mewoods View Post
          Thanks for “talking me down”. The more I look at this prop the more I love it’s character and condition.
          Yeah, you can always find a prop that someone has tried to "restore". Finding one that's like yours can be a tough challenge - and getting harder as time goes by.

Comment

Working...
          X