Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German WWI prop decals

Hello,

Unfortunately I am not a propeller owner, but I am hoping some of the experts here will be able to help me.

I am working on a project detailing the early Fokker monoplanes from WWI. My current quest is identifying the various props attached to these aeroplanes. So far I have Garuda, Integral, Heine, Behrend & Rüggebrecht (B&R), and possibly (but not confirmed) Germania. This website has been a great help so far. It was instrumental in identifying the propellers made by the German Integral-Propeller-Werke G.m.b.H.

Specifically I am re-creating the decals. The Garuda is finished. The Germania just needs a bit of tweaking. My Integral decal is tentative, the text being at issue. The B&R continues to elude me. Heine propellers apparently carried no decal.

If anyone could provide any insight/help/images, it would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like a great project. Bob Gardner has been collecting a lot of photos of decals and will probably chime in shortly. I have some photos, but I have quite a few propellers with nice decals that I just haven't gotten around to photographing. Here are some of them, which you may have seen.

Many manufacturers (e.g. Integrale) went through a number of different but similar logos. If you are looking for a specific one that I can photograph, let me know.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave,

This page, http://www.woodenpropeller.com/Nieuport24bis.html , was especially helpful for me regarding the Integral. Other than adding an Iron Cross decal to the end of the blades, this propeller is pretty much identical to that put on the Eindeckers in shape, size and marking. I just need confirmation on whether or not the German manufacturers replaced their own text on the circular band.

Other than a couple of poor old photos, I am completely lacking info on the Behrend & Rüggebrecht propeller and decal.

Comment

Dave, Bob

Any luck with info regarding the Integral or B&R?

Comment

Working...
        X