Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help IDing Propeller

Hello all,
    I cleaned up my great uncles shed and found a really cool wooden propeller. It is 42 inches long and has a center hub hole with 6 bolt holes. It is marked US PROPELLERS INC 42 R61 X SER 24886. The hub has 15088-42 stamped with ink and the same number pressed into the wood. It is laminated with 4 layers and has red tips. I found some info but no ringer for it. Is this for a drone? rc plane? or something else. I can send pics if that would help. I would like to clean it and hang it but would love to know the history or value. I hung out with my uncle and he was a vet but no one has seen this before.
    Thanks and neat site!
    Boyd
    Lafrogger@cox.net

That's almost certainly a drone propeller. "Drone" from that era more likely refers to a target drone, not the drones as commonly used today for surveillance or even weaponry.

Comment

Pictures

Originally posted by Boyd View Post
      Hello all,
      I cleaned up my great uncles shed and found a really cool wooden propeller. It is 42 inches long and has a center hub hole with 6 bolt holes. It is marked US PROPELLERS INC 42 R61 X SER 24886. The hub has 15088-42 stamped with ink and the same number pressed into the wood. It is laminated with 4 layers and has red tips. I found some info but no ringer for it. Is this for a drone? rc plane? or something else. I can send pics if that would help. I would like to clean it and hang it but would love to know the history or value. I hung out with my uncle and he was a vet but no one has seen this before.
      Thanks and neat site!
      Boyd
      Lafrogger@cox.net

here are some pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, that looks like target drone prop. See this example.

Comment

Thanks any idea of what is worth? or a way to decipher by serial when it was made? again thanks

Comment

I'm not aware of any reliable method to date them, other than maybe 1940s or 50s? They show up on eBay fairly often (they're actually quite common, sold as surplus in the 50s/60s) and my recollection is that they mostly sold for around $100 or so.

Here's one that didn't get a bid at $165 earlier this month.

Comment

Need Help Identifying Propeller

I hope some one can help identify and suggest a value for the following propeller. It contains the following information printed on the propeller: P/N-22048, Model No.- 275-17, Serial No. -2681. It appears it might be a Vintage Wood Airplane Propeller 44" Sensenich, Corp, but not certain. I have attached 2 photos.
              Attached Files

Comment

I think it's similar or even identical to the one discussed earlier in this same thread, just by a different manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                X