Determine Value of Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determine Value of Propeller

I've owned this propeller for 35 years. I now want to place a value on it for my estate....Whats it likely value ?

......................Description................. ..................
    MFG. between 1932 and 1942 most likely used on a Stearman Biplane
    Military Purchase Retails @ $3125.00
    Good Condition

Pt-17
    R-670-5-Engine
    220 HP
    2100 RPM
    42k19593 part #
    Serial # 51879

Thanks for your expert opinions !

Thanks,
    Dennis

Attached Files

Second Photo

about its value

Attached Files

Comment

In good to excellent condition, I'd expect that to sell on eBay for something in the $700 to $900 range. Are there decals on it? If not it's probably been refinished and would be worth less. You can always check eBay periodically and click on "Completed listings" to see comparable props and actual sale price (opening bid prices mean nothing).

Your propeller was made under a 1942 military contract, as evidenced by the "42k19593" stamping.

Here's the current page showing a section of sales in that general price range. (It doesn't display well but it gives you a rough idea. Go to eBay and search under "wooden propeller" (singular) then click the completed items option on the left side of the page to see the source page.
      Attached Files
      Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave

You've got me in the ballpark on it's value, thats all I hoped for.........

Thanks,
        Dennis

.......Even though I hate to see it go , I'd love for my grand-kids to get it someday......

Attached Files

Comment

Honestly, right now it's probably better to keep it if you can. The market for all kinds of collectibles is soft.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X