Sensenich & GB Lewis & Co wooden propellors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich & GB Lewis & Co wooden propellors

Sensich is 74 1/8" with a # L0601, appears from the chart to have been manafactured between 08-1946 & 10-1946. Structure is sound, decals are fair and is places the finish is gone

GB Lewis & Co. 70 1/4". It is the same approx shape as the Sensich but has no decals. Finished is roughed up at serial, it is DE9 L11CK-4?, PO NO 20, TO.797

I am wondering what the value of these props are, as they have been in my barn for years. I was considering putting them on e-bay, but if I decide to keep them, can I refinish the wood portions without destroying any value, if they have any? Thanks in advance for any help. Very nice message board and information.
    Attached Files

In the strongest terms I encourage you not to refinish them. I use the methods listed on Dave's Preservation FAQ web page with excellent results. See: http://www.woodenpropeller.com/preservation.html

The original finish is beautiful and full of character. Many collectors greatly prefer the original finish. Once you remove it, there's no going back.

Lamar

Comment

Lamar

Thanks for the link and the good advice. I figured that would be the case. Do you have some idea as to aproximate value?

Comment

It's really hard to know but I would guesstimate each in the $300 - $500 category.

Comment

Thank you Lamar

You folks have a very fine board with knowledgeable posters. Thank you very much for your time

Comment

Working...
          X