Crashed Fahlin Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed Fahlin Prop

I have a Fahlin prop from MO (leading me to believe it was made somewhere between '39 and '45) that has apparently been in a plane crash. I have found the two planes it could have been mounted on. But is there any way to trace the exact plane and what happened to it? Would this damage cause the prop to be worthless now? I have attached pictures. For some reason, the upload of the photo showing the damage failed. I can email it upon request. Any info you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files

The upload may have failed because the file size is too large. Try cropping the photo and using a photo editor to compress the image for internet use.

It's usually impossible to back trace a propeller to a specific airplane. Sometimes if you have the airplane log there will be a log entry of a propeller serial number, but there is no central data bank that would allow tracing of a specific propeller to a specific aircraft.

Yes, damage to the propeller substantially reduces its value, but not to the "worthless" stage.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks, Dave. My great uncle was a pilot in WWII and was believed to be a POW/MIA. So far I have not been able to find anything in his paperwork connecting him directly to the prop.
      Any ballpark clue as to what it may be worth in its present condition? Would it be able/worth repairing to improve its value? Thanks for the info!
      Attached Files

Comment

On something like eBay it might go for a hundred bucks or so, and I don't think repairing it adds much, if anything, to its value.

Best just to accept it for what it is - a display propeller showing clear evidence of a mishap.
        Dave

Comment

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X