FLOTTORP G.R. MICH. Design 6080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLOTTORP G.R. MICH. Design 6080

Can any help me ID this wooden prop. The design number doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.

Thank You!

waxonian

I can't see it on any of the lists I have, either. Any other markings on it, like an ATC number?
    Dave

Comment

Other Numbers on Design 6080

Hi!

The only other number on this propeller is 17932. It is located on the hub just below the words Design 6080.

It has brass "flashing" on the edges with FLOTTORP G.R. MICH. engraved into the brass. It has ONE 2" (approx) mounting hole in the center of the hub, but no other holes radiate around the center hole.

Thank You!

Comment

With no bolt holes drilled in the hub, I wonder if this one was found defective during manufacture for some reason and factory rejected?

Lamar

Comment

Lamar is probably correct. In addition, it may have been a prototype of some sort or even a custom build that was never completed. I'm guessing that it was never a certified propeller.
          Dave

Comment

Yeah! That's what I thought. A propotype, or a scratched production prop. I don't know what affect this might have on it's value (more or less), but it's still a beautiful work of art -- i.e. the shape, the wood and the brass.

Thank you all for your responses. I might start collecting these things. I like them.

Comment

Working...
            X