Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about a Voisin propeller

Hi !

First, as I do not write anything for weeks, best '09 wishes for all!

A friend sent me pictures of a Voisin propeller (a very uncommon piece!) and we have some unanswered questions about it.

Hub markings are very readable:
    On one side:
    SERIE 4
    SFA stamp (airworthiness) and a small mark resembling a two third of hexagon
    N° 14

On the other:
    A small mark, which can be the same as the other side
    SFA stamp
    LCI 160 HP and it seems there were a B "under" the C and a 5 "under" the 6.

STIAé archives show a Voisin serial 4 propeller: it is a pusher for Voisin 7A2 with a Renault 160 HP engine. These aircrafts were in used during WW1. Propeller, blade and hub dimensions are matching, but what may be the meaning of LCI?
    - is it in relation with Voisin denomination who used LC for 7A2 (and others)? But if so, what about the I?
    - is it in relation with engine (L is sometimes used for Renault engines)?

Other question: has anybody viewed the Voisin Aeroplanes decal (which is on the blades) before? I don't find it anywhere … And what can be the meaning of "ST" (or "TS")? I don't know any Voisin Manufacture or Society name with the letters S and T (on the right, the only "logo" I found for Voisin, for Voisin cars in fact):

Finally, one more question: the small hexagon (red arrows on upper photos) look like French airworthy stamp used in the '20s***. What is it doing there ?, as those aircrafts where no more in use after WW1, Voisin stopped aircraft activities after 1918, and Voisin manufacture (which made cars after WW1) used the right picture "logo" in these years?

***Two photos of hexagonal stamps on '20s French propellers :

Thank you by advance, and, as usual, sorry for my frenchie English ...
    PM
    Last edited by pmdec; 02-01-2009, 09:13 PM.
Working...
X