Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paragon Prop

Hello,
    I have spent several hours looking at the various internet sites in an attempt to come up with any info about my prop. Not having a lot of luck, so I am putting it out there for anyone that may be able to help.
    It is a Paragon prop that is 66 inches long. The paragon decals are both pretty much intact. The PARAGON trademark is black with gold wings behind it that extend out past each side of the oval. The finish appears to be original and has a crackled or alligatored look to it. The edges and tips are covered in metal with a "hammered" appearence to them. The metal covers the tips and then extends along the edges for 19 1/2 inches from the tip towards the hub. The center hole is a 2 inch diameter with 8 bolt holes around it that are on 5 inch centers. It is numbered 6234-1 near the 8 bolt holes. There may be some other numbers at the edges of the hub, but I cannot make them out. The prop is laminated out of 4 pieces of wood and the hub is 2 1/2 inches thick. After reading several other prop descriptions, I believe that this prop is what is called a "toothpick" style. The ends do not show as much curve as some of the other earlier props do. Any Ideas? Thanks for any help. Randy
    Last edited by toolandtrade; 12-10-2008, 01:00 PM. Reason: Add more info

That's going to be hard to identify. The shorter length and the thin hub (2 1/2") aren't consistent with any common aircraft usage, so it's really anyone's guess, and I suspect will always be a guess. Paragon left virtually nothing behind with respect to catalogs, etc.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X