Need help identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying

I came into possession of this prop in Key West 20 yrs. ago. I was told it was from a Fokker but I haven't been able to verify that. It is 104" in length and 3 5/8" wide at the hub.
    Attached Files

The stories that go with some of these older props are unbelievable, as is yours. It's not a Fokker prop. It most likely was one of many different models that were used in the teens and twenties by the Navy for their flying boats.

The squared notch indicates that it was 2 blades of a 4 blade combination, and almost certainly for a Liberty engine. Click on the propeller at the top of the page then go to the "Identification" link and follow links to hub dimensions. You should be able to confirm the Liberty hub size.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. Dave. I did check the dimensions and it appears to be 1/2 of a pusher prop for the Liberty 12 engine.

Possibly a Curtis NC?

Comment

I don't know about the NC part, but Curtiss was involved with lots of designs in that era. Without positive ID, it's mostly guess work, and I think Fokker is completely ruled out, but NC is at least still a possibility.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X