X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell Liberty Prop - Help with info and value

Deleted this post
    Last edited by mcveley; 06-21-2015, 02:59 PM. Reason: Post deleted

It's hard to tell from the photos. Does it look as if the central bore has been widened? That was often done to install a clock or other decorative instrument and sometimes will account for additional holes. Otherwise it certainly appears that it was included in a contract between Hartzell and the US Signal Corps, as the number sequence is close to this one that you've already mentioned. I have not been able to determine any history on that model, and suspect that we may never know any more than we do now.

Comment

rough value?

Thank you for taking a look see. I doesn't look to have been widened but then again, what exactly would I be be looking for?

Do you have a value for the comparison prop? Trying to get a roughest image for mine? I have not found any comparable sales online this far.

Comment

Usually alterations to the center bore are fairly evident - loss of roundness, irregular edges, step off on the inside wall, etc. The photos aren't adequate to make those determinations.

See this page for a discussion of values. Unlike some items that have high trade activity, these older propellers do not have easily determinable precise values, and it's impossible to even guess without getting a full inspection of the item since condition is so critical in collectibles.

Comment

Thank you. No obvious bore marks or etc. Orginal condition, no efforts to restore, and still has original decals in place. Condition is good. I'm thinking in the 2.5k to 4k range. Know anyone in the Portland, Oregon area that may be able to look at it? Or in the PAC NW? Want it appraised somehow. The lack of comparable hurts. Is the one on this site valued? Or has it been sold? Closest comparable I've seen
          Last edited by mcveley; 05-16-2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X