Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII test prop-what is it?

Hi guys,
    I bought this prop back in the 90,s from a guy in southern CA. I actually drove over there from Phx to put in my truck and drove it back.
    I have no idea but from the seller stated back then it was a WWII test prop
    he got from his grandfather. I thought it was very cool and I was going to use it for a table type unit, I was going to get a 6 foot round piece of glass for it but I never did so here I am.
    I'am wondering if anyone would know what it was or a ballpark value of this prop.
    Here are number that I could barley read.

Prop 1. 3PNO 23504
    2. --OUA OHIO THE 1ST TWO positions I cant read
    3. DVGHO 34078
    4. HARTZELL
    I have a few pictures I can send to anyone e-mail me at
    bilhunter@aol.com
    Billy Phx az
    THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP.....
    Attached Files

1. 3PNO 23504
    2. --OUA OHIO THE 1ST TWO positions I cant read - Piqua, Ohio, location of the Hartzell Walnut Propeller Company
    3. DVGHO 34078 - DWG NO 34078 - the blueprint number that is used to manufacture it
    4. HARTZELL - This company is still in existence, although most of the people who might know what that drawing number refers to are probably long gone.

I do have a list of Hartzell test clubs, but they are only list by "Glue Template #" and "Bench Template #" ,but none of the numbers are 5 digits like yours and they all begin with "1" or "2", not "3".

Those have never commanded very high prices, even when in good condition. I sold one for a few hundred dollars years ago, and it was in near perfect condition.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks
      Billy

Comment

Working...
      X