super-prop airplane propeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super-prop airplane propeller?

Hello, I have a beautiful old propeller that my Grandfather gave me when I was a boy, it is wooden 6' long with six holes, and perfect decals that read, SUPER PROP mfg by Aircraft Products Corp. Chicago IL, any info on this would be wonderful.

Hello does anyone have any info on this? it has been nearly 2 years and 640 views later but I have no responses. Please help if you know anything about this manufacturer. curiosity is killing the kitty thanks Ryan

Comment

That is actually a Stone Propeller Co. prop. Please see the right side decal on this page: http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/StoneSupreme.htm

Comment

Stone Propeller

Hello,

I am the grandson of the designer and manufacturer of Supreme Propellers and Stone Propellers, Morris J. Stone. My father (William B. Stone) and his four brothers worked with their dad in Wichita Kansas for many years. I have been searching for over 40 years for a wooden propeller from my family's past. I would appreciate it if you would consider returning it to its original family. I will be glad to offer a nice payment.

Thank you in advance of your consideration.

Jeff Stone

Comment

Good Morning Jeff,

I was most interested in your pm to me with the information that your grandfather, Morris J. Stone, was a cabinet maker in Manchester, England before he moved his family to the US where he answered an ad to design and build props and then set up the Stone Prop Co.

I am researching British props for the second edition of my book and would love to know more about your British grandfather. It is possible that he might have had previous experience of making props in England before he emigrated.

Can you tell me his address in Manchester or the area where he lived? What date did he emigrate to the States? Do you know if he did any prop work in England before he left?

Even if he didn't, I would like to add a description of him in my book.

With kind regards,

Bob
          Bob Gardner
          Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
          http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Morris J. Stone

Bob,

I am working on a more formal written response to your request to mention MJ Stone in your book. I will be back to you shortly.

Thank you for your interest.

Jeff Stone

Comment

I look forward to it Jeff.

If it's lengthy you might wish to pdf it to me by e-mail to aeroclocks at btinternet dot com (written in this form to deceive the bots who already plague me with sufficient spam!)

Bob
              Bob Gardner
              Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
              http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

I will send by separate email due to size of document.

Jeff Stone

Comment

Working...
                X