Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need to id prop, my father desperately needs the cash!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to id prop, my father desperately needs the cash!!

hi there, new to the forum. My father has an old prop that his father brought back from fighting in germany during ww2. My father is in desperate need of money as he recently became handicapped and homeless and we think we may be able to get him some money from this prop. any help with id would be greatly appreciated. Here is what i know. there is a logo on the prop, granby aviation limited. there are 8 mounting holes, stamped on the prop are the follwing numbers: ser. E1756 G-LA.613C . ON THE HUB ARE THE FOLLOWING: DIA 88 PIT 8 3.4 CHEETAH X JUNE 43. The prop is medium shade of wood. There looks to be brass down the leading edge of each blade(2 blades) one side of each blade has yellow painted tips(about a foot) the other side of the blade is black with 3 inches of the tip painted yellow. the prop is approx 8 feet long. If anyone could help with id this would be amazing. Once i've determined the value, it will most likely be up for sale, thank you. my photo software is gone after computer got tuned up, cannot post a pic at the moment.

Hopefully, Bob Gardner may have some information on that one, which is a WW11 variety. I think he is away for a bit but should be returning shortly.
    Dave

Comment

that would be excellent, looking forward to hearing on it, i,m trying to get my camera back up and running, i'll post a pic soon.

Comment

Working...
      X